Monday, May 24, 2010

Sumptuous Lunch at Maple Palace Restaurant

If you saw from my previous post, I had a good Mother's Day lunch at the new Maple Palace restaurant. I had the opportunity to go back to the restaurant again recently for a department lunch.

Four Seasons Platter

The Four Seasons platter was rather unique with what I think were barbecued chicken drummets sprinkled with white and black sesame, dumpling, scallop with dried prawns and stir fried venison. I also liked the unconventional presentation of the platter.

Sharks Fin Soup with Crab Meat, Fish Maw and Sea Cucumber
Though guilty I may feel for consuming sharks fin, I have to say the soup tasted good. The flavours of the fish maw and sea cucumber were fully immersed in the soup.

Stuffed Boneless Chicken with Prawn Paste coated with Almond Flakes
The way the chicken was prepared was also unconventional with prawn paste, seaweed and almond flakes.

Steamed Garoupa Teowchew Style

Abalone with Mushroom, Fish Maw and Brocolli
This dish was laden with mushrooms, brocolli and three pieces of abalone which were cut into smaller pieces for sharing.

Seafood Noodle
I liked the texture of the noodle which was chewy and done al-dente.

Salted Egg Prawn

The total bill came to RM1,070+ for 14 pax inclusive of a Chilled Mango Sago with Pomelo dessert.

The Maple Palace restaurant is ideal for entertaining guests and organizing team meals with its rather elegant decor and cozy ambiance.

Maple Palace Restaurant
(Supervisor: Ms Khaw)
47, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Penang, Malaysia
04-2279690
Website: maplepalace.com

3 comments:

Lingzie said...

my family and i eat at this place quite regularly and yup we love the chicken stuffed with prawn paste and almond flakes!
and the mango pomelo sago dessert is divine! i like the lemongrass jelly too :)

My Food Fetish said...

I didn't know they have lemongrass jelly. Must try the next round then :)

Anonymous said...

The chicken looks good. If anyone figures out what it's called and more about it, please share with me the info. thanks. mchlr@live.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails