Friday, October 2, 2009

John King Egg Tarts


I chanced upon a recently opened John King Egg Tart (since 1965) kiosk at the basement of Gurney Plaza. They claim on their banner that it is the No. 1 egg tart in Hong Kong.


As the name suggests, they sell primarily eggs tarts with some pastries and biscuits. They sell quite a variety of egg tart flavours i.e. the Original Egg Tart, Egg White Egg Tart, Corn Egg Tart, Red Bean Egg Tart, Green Tea Egg Tart and Durian Egg Tart (supposedly D24).


They are running a promotion with six egg tarts in one take-away box at RM9.50. The egg tart retails from RM1.80 to RM2.20 per piece.


I personally liked the Egg White Egg Tart because it was lighter and definitely a healthier option. All the egg tarts were less sweet and less oily (they are lard free). The egg tart filling was also very smooth and light. The Green Tea Egg Tart also had a very distinct green tea flavour and was slightly bitter. It's a must try for green tea lovers.


They have other existing outlets in KL, PJ and JB and also in Singapore and Hong Kong.

John King Egg Tart
Basement Gurney Plaza (in front of Siam Express)

1 comment:

cerlyn said...

I bought a voucher that came in 6 choices but upon arrival we were greet by two irresponsible staff who not just don’t help us but treat us very rude and shouting at us in an unpleasant way. I’m very disappointed for the service provided by the staff. My purpose for this letter is this is the second times I visit this gurney outlet, last two weeks the irresponsible staff told me they have no stock when I flash my voucher to them and they told us came by next week. But the main problem is I’m at far far away from Kedah to Penang just to use the voucher. It makes me waste a lot of time, energy, car petrol, parking fees, etc. And who shall I claim my losses with.
012-957 0333 This number was stated at the voucher, and as a usual customer we will call the number to ask for a solution, but what they feedback was ask us to take the two choices of the cheap tarts instead of the 6 choice as promised in the voucher, that means they deliver not as promised.
This is the first time I bought the voucher that is not promise as stated. I’m really disappointed for it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails