Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup at Yummy Cottage


Yummy Cottage is a relatively new coffee shop at the junction where Macalister Road meets Naning Street. This coffee shop replaces the Thong Lek coffee shop which used to house the Super Lai Lai Bah Kut Teh.

This coffee shop has quite a number of food stalls e.g. Chicken Rice, Hong Kong style Roast Pork, Kham Kee Beef Noodles, Fish Head Curry, Economy Rice, Claypot Rice, Fried Fish Bee Hoon, Koay Teow Thing etc.

The Fried Fish Bee Hoon here is quite famous and has been featured in a local Chinese daily. My parents absolutely love the crispy fried fish and strongly recommended it to me. This was my first time trying it and I have to agree that the fried fish was really good. The Seabass fish fillets were fried very crispy on the outside while still retaining the moisture of the fish meat.

My dad requested for extra pork lard just so I could taste how crispy is the pork lard is :)

P/S: I am not exactly a fan of pork lard due to its supposed link to saturated fat

Related Posts with Thumbnails